Compassion resilience is the ability to maintain our physical, emotional, and mental well-being while responding compassionately to people who are suffering (1).
- You - Start by taking care of yourself
- You and others - Our relationships are a key piece of taking care of ourselves.
- You and others and work – We need to create a team and workplace culture that values compassion resilience for individuals, teams, and the organization.
Higher levels of compassion = higher levels of resilience
If we think of compassion as that spark inside of us that brings us hope and a sense of possibility in this work (world).
- What fuels your spark?
- How do we intentionally feed that spark?
- How do we protect that spark?
- What we need from each other to nurture our sparks?
Create a spark card for a daily practice of nurturing your spark.
- Wise Wisconsin - https://wisewisconsin.org/tag/compassion-resilience/