Module 6: Supporting and Advocating for Families in Contact
The purpose of this module is to:
- Understand why people may remain in contact with partners/ex-partners and why children may remain in contact with a parent who is or has been abusive.
- Articulate the importance of enhancing advocacy with families who stay in contact with their partners or parents who were or are abusive.
- Advocate and provide holistic and culturally appropriate services families in contact.
- Make the connection between meeting the needs of all family members including services and interventions for people who abuse and the role of advocates in those interventions.
- Describe why it is important to provide meaningful opportunities to work with people who abuse.